Everyone has come across a fixed product lying in the beauty aisle, stores, even in clutches and bags which people carry, and that is a ’Charcoal Face Mask’. People possibly wonder if there are any real skin care benefits by applying this type of face mask?
Well, it turns out that there are quite a few! And If you’re curious about charcoal masks and how they can benefit your skin, you’ve landed in the right place. Here, you’ll get a chance to learn about the reasons why you should use a charcoal mask, and also find out how to add one to your skincare routine.
The Biggest Benefits of using Charcoal Mask :
Charcoal masks have a large number of skin care benefits and are absolutely worth adding to the daily skin care routine. Let’s know about a few of them:
- It draws out the build of Impurities: Impurities like dirt, oil, and pollution when builds upon the surface of your skin, leaving your complexion looking dull. A charcoal mask can be helpful to draw out this buildup for skin which will make it look cleaner and allow it to breathe better.
- It helps to brighten the appearance of skin: With time, harsh ecological factors like pollution and debris can damage skin, again leaving your complexion looking dull and tired. We often use a facial cleanser at this time, but it isn’t enough to replenish the damage caused. A charcoal mask can be used to reduce the appearance of dull skin and increase the skin glow.
- It encourages Smoother-looking skin: Another skincare benefit of charcoal masks is that they also help to promote the appearance of smoother skin. Regular use of a charcoal mask enhances the skin color and make your skin cleaner.
- Use a charcoal mask while going outside: When you’re traveling out for some work, a charcoal mask will help your skin to absorb the excess oils and impurities from your skin, giving it the extra care and nutrients required for combatting the unwanted impurities.
- Apply Charcoal mask while you’re at home: You can also apply charcoal mask while you are watching TV, washing of your laundry or anything else. Yes, say hello to multitasking even while you’re binge-watching your favorite Show or some new movies, just allow the charcoal face mask to do its job while you are busy enjoying you are at home. Make sure you set a timer so that you wash it off timely.
- Winter’s Perfect remedy: Using a charcoal mask when the weather gets colder is also beneficial. As the seasons change, the temperature starts to cool down too and the air gets drier. This causes your skin to become dry and dull. Using a charcoal mask will help smoothen out and brighten your skin!
- Science also backs the use of Charcoal mask: While scientific studies have proven that charcoal doesn’t irritate skin or lead to allergic reactions. This the main reason why charcoal is used in products from cleansers, makeup removers, hand-washes, bar soaps, and, of course, face masks.
- Clears up acne, blemishes, and scars: Activated charcoal mask, which by the way is not the same thing as the stuff we use in your barbecue grill, is a miracle worker for acne-prone skin. It draws out impurities and cleans pores down deep. The slightly abrasive texture of charcoal mask gently yet effectively sloughs off the dead skin from the top of your acne scars and reveals fresh, clear skin beneath.
- Balance oily skin: People with oily skin can get the activated charcoal mask ASAP because of its absorption powers. It means that it can draw away excess oils and sebum that have become lodged into your skin pores. It won’t dry out the skin leaving a fresh and beautiful face.
- Say goodbye to blackheads: Blackheads can ruin your perfect appearance, but an activated charcoal mask can get rid of them fast. If you have blackheads, steam your face first to open up your pores and then use an activated charcoal mask for the bright results.
Charcoal face masks are one of the latest and the biggest trends in skin care. You may have seen many online videos of people peeling off a thick black charcoal mask to show clear, glowing skin. The main goal of these masks is to suck out blackheads from your skin pores and clear your skin of the unnecessary toxins.